Monday, June 27, 2011

Homemade Marshmallows!

Uh huh, that's right...I made some marshmallows!
I can honestly say I've never actually took a moment & said..."Hmmmm, I wonder what marshmallows are made of."

However, one day while perusing thru www.pinterest,com (I'm totally addicted to that site)
I came across THIS amazingly delicious looking photo.
I then said to myself...I need to make those!

So, I gave it a whirl...
I used this easy peasy lemon squeezy recipe: Homemade Marshmallows by Joy of Baking

1. You boil up all the sugar







2. Then you whip that mixture up to a delightful fluffy bowl of marshmallow fluff




3. Next you spread the mixture out in the pan, and cover it with even more sugar




4. Wait 12 hours... and they are ready to cut


They are so tasty & delicious! I was going to melt chocolate & drizzle it over them, I think that would be awesome. But I ran out of time. Now I'm on the lookout for awesome & tatsy recipes that use marshmallows. If you know any, post them here.
Now you all should go out & whip up a batch of your own tasty & delicious homemade marshmallows!
xoxoxoxoxox

3 comments:

Sharin said...

OMG that looks nice :9

simona said...

wow, i never even though of making some myself. if i made them though my hubby would eat them up in no time and then complain about not helping him with his diet ;)

Kara said...

Goodness! They look awesome! I can't wait to try these! I bet s'mores would taste even better with homemade marshmellows!!
Thanks for the post!!

http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/